cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saplpd issue - cann't print out

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI guys,

We try to print an document from FB03, the spool request has been generated, and message said that "spool request **** sent to local printer, but the saplpd screen doesn't appear. The printer is well and can be used from other application like Word. And this is first time user to print out from sap. so I want to know what's reason. Anybody have encountered same problem before.

Thanks in advacne, point will be rewarded.

Regards,

--Alex.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

here is checklist we usually perform :

1. print test from other application, if OK goto step 2, if NOT check the printer installation.

2. print test from SAP, I usually print the printer list from SPAD, with option print output immediately. if OK try to print another t.codes.

If step 2 NOT OK, perform this steps :

- check SPAD - input printer name - change (pencil button)

- goto access method tab

- check destination host (check field destination hosts - check if IP or host where printer is installed is properly submited there?)

- press reactive button (Ctrl + F2)

- try to print from SAP again

- if you are using SAPLPD, make sure SAPLPD is running. Monitor SAPLPD if there is error displayed (eg BG controlfile missing, etc.)

- if this steps above not help, try to restart server or PC where printer is installed, restarting SAPLPD, also restart prinserver (if applicable) and restarting printer.

please kindly explain error or problems in details if you are still facing the same problem.

we are performing methods described above, and so far all our printing problem is solved.

rgds,

Alfonsus Guritno

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check in sp01, sp02 also.

Please check in spad have you define same printer in same IP address where printer is installed.

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I checked in spad.

Device type: HPLJIIID : HP Laserjet 3 serires PCL-5

Spool server: empty

Host: empty

Real server: empty

Host Spool Access Method: L L: Print Locally Using LP/LPR.

So what's the reason.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Mention the printer details and the access method u have given while configuring the printer.

Check the printer process is not busy,

Check the SAPLPD program.

Moreover

Paste the log

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

Thank your reply. Could u give more detail in each check step? Moreover, the spool quest have been created smoothly, so have no error log. So how can we find the log you mentioned.

thanks,

--Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Double click the spool request displays the details or from the menu search for log details

Regards

Bhaskar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhaskar,

As you said, i can't find useful info.

Regards,

Alex