cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between service order/notification to the maintenace order/notif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

please explain the Difference between service order/notification to the maintenace order/notif and also to the Sales order.

i have a idea on the above topics. iwnt to have a detailed explanation of the above topics.

I know that service order/notification usually for external services.and maintenance O/notification for internal services .

for every post with descent information, points willl be rewarded

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

The service order and Notification concept is used for Customer service module where you have different structures, And PM order and notification is for plant maintenance. Even in this u can achive external services scenario.

If you want to know any thing particularly pls maention.

As per my openion this site is to help each other with their knowledge. People post their answers to help others. And I request you not to put any words like ANSWERS WILL BE REWARDED

Regards,

N.Nagaraju

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

tajinder_singh
Active Participant

Hi Raj,

Let me tell you the thumb rules:

Whenever any customer is involved in maintenance activities i.e. a company needs to do maintenance of equipment owned by customers. This involves concepts linked to service order/notification. Here there is an integration with SD (sales and distribution) i.e. you will bill the customer based on the service provided using the service order as reference.

Whenever any company needs to repair/maintain equipment owned by itself, this involves concepts linked to maintenance order/notification. Since it is an internal maintenance inside the company, so there is no billing involved. Hence it involves concepts linked to settlement i.e. you settle the cost incurred to a cost object which could be a cost center, WBS, internal order etc.

Whenver customer is involved in sales related activity i.e. you are selling a new equipment/item to a customer, this involves concepts linked to sales order.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Tajinder

sunil_mundhe3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj Kumar,

Just want to add one Pointer,

When you want to generate Revenue and track them against Cost of Maintenance, Customer Service Module comes into Picture different-different Document used are ( Customer Notification, Service order Revenue bearing & non revenue bearing,Contracts, customer, DMR, quotation etc)

&

When there is only capturing & monitoring of Maintenance Cost, Plant Maintenance used (Maintenance Notification, Maintenance Order, settlement of order to Technical Object etc)

Rgds

Sunil

chandra_pingle
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

chandra_pingle
Explorer
0 Kudos

HI

Can we create PM Orders/ Notifications from SAP CRM. If yes..How we can achieve this?  Please clarify. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am a fresher .i am learning Plant Maintenace and customer service.please guide me properly for the above question.

former_member223579
Participant

Hello Rajkumar,

Welcome to SAP PM .

Generally the PM process comes under this category,

1. Internal processing.

2.External procurement.

3. Internal Service process.

3.External Service process.

The difference between the PM and CS is CS is the combination of SAP SD and Pm.

All the services activity comes under PM module. the billing and other activity will comes under the SD module.

i hope the 70%of PM and 30 %of SD = 100% of CS.

PM processes:

All the PM process will happen across the Master data ( Technical Objects) like ,

FUNCTIONAL LOCATION

EQUIPMENT

BOM ( EQUIPMENT BOM. FUNCTIONAL  LOCATION BOM, MATERIAL BOM)

TASK LISTS ( EQUIPMENT TASK LISTS, FUNCTIONAL LOCATION TASK LISTS, GENERAL TASK LISTS).

CATALOGUES- FOR DEFECT RECORDING PURPOSE.

MEASURING POINTS.

CLASSES AND CHARACTERISTICS.

AND SO ON.

we can create a notification and convert into work order via iw34 transaction.

or directly we can create a work order via iw32.

then plan the order

release the order

confirm the order

complete technicaly the order

settle the order...

this is the basic process.....

the PM process we can divide as follows.

Break down Maintenance process.

Corrective maintenance processes.

Preventive maintenance processes.

calibration process.

to indicate the different orders the order type is the key point ( PM01., PM02,PM03 etc).

And some of the PM tables are available . in most commons are like,

EQUI- Equipment master.

IFLOT- F;location Master.

AUFK- Order data

MPLA- maintenance plan table. and so on.

this is a starting kick only. thr is lot and lot of processes and user exists are thr in PM ...

by self search and interest only we can achieve the goal.

have a nice journey in sap PM

Siva-V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for ur replies,

Please give more examples on service order and sales order.How to configure it.

through maintenance order can we raise external service order.how it possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj Kumar,

It is better, if you mention your reuirement clearly, so that it will be helpful to provide the correct solution.

What do you mean by

*through maintenance order can we raise external service order*

what do you want to achieve with that?

Regards,

Praveen. B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear raj kumar,

1. Service order and Notification: These are used for Customer Services, i.e., these are used for processing the customer complaints regarding the equipments technical problems installed at customer locations.

In this scenario, we sell equipments to customer and also offers the services for that equipments on chargeable basis or free of cost as per sales terms and conditions.

2. Maintenance order and Notification: These are used for Plants, i.e., for processing the complaints of the equipments which are installed within the plant.

In this scenario, we buy the equipments from the vendors and carry out the maintenance ourselves.

Hope this will be helpful

Regards,

Praveen.