cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Store procedure will be used in crystal report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Support,

I have created a store procedure in SQL server 2000 and i would like to retrieve it from crystal report but it shows error when i want to drag the store procedure to the selected table area.

The error is

Database connector error: 'ADO Error Code:0x80040e09

source: microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL server

Description: Execute permission denied on object 'PartListbybuyer_800', database 'erplndb', owner 'dbo'.

Sql State: 42000

Native error: 229 [Database Vendor Code:229]'

Appreciate your prompt reply. Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kyle_mcadam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

In Enterprise Manager, browse to the Database/stored procedure, right click on the stored procedure, go to All Tasks/Manage Permissions, look for the user you are logging into the datasource in crystal reports with, and click on the "Execute" check box.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. This issue has been solved after i have configure on the manage permission.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you connect to the datasource thorugh and odbc correct?

sounds like you dont have permissions on the tables used within the stored procedure. talk to your dba.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there!

I connect the store procedure by browse on create new connection> OLE DB(ADO) and then i got the error when i click on the store procedure name.

May i know how to enable permission for the store procedure to use in crystal report?

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

the dba usually gives permissions to the database the stored procedure is located. are you able to run the procedure outside of crystal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I able to run the store procedure in sql server 2000 enterprise manager. But only in crystal, i could not select the store procedure into selected table. How to enable permission for store procedure to run in crystal?

Thanks for your previous replies.

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Calyn,

Enterprise manager and Query Analyzer will use a Native connection to your MSSQL 2000 DB. I would suggest testing the connection and your permissions in a third party tool called QTADO available for trial download at http://gpoulose.home.att.net/.

If you get the same error trying to call the Stored Proc there then contact your dba about what permissions are needed.