cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Output message for PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

While saving Purchase Orders I get a warning in message type NEU for the Fax transmission for two particular vendors.When I select the line and check on 'Processing log' button, I see a message in popup as "Error in OPEN_FORM for (purchase order number)".

Please help.

Thanks,

Amit G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201758
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I have found some information that may assist us in determining the cause of your issue.

The error ME142 can have different causes like missing authorizations or a terminated connection. Please check SAP NOTE 397691. This note states that is errors occur when purchasing documents are output, the system generates an error message in the log of the message overview.

However, error message ME142 'Error in OPEN_FORM for document &' contain only the information that an error occurred and not the error cause. With the attached source code, the error cause is also displayed in the error message (for example, missing authorizations, terminated connection and so on).

If you apply the note then this will provide more detailed

information behind the problem you are having. Please apply this SAP note and then you can go further.

Sanjeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sanjeev,

I will apply the note and see the result.

Amit G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Require your help. We are facing the same problem and not been able to understand the solution given in SAP Note: 397691& 532251.

Have your problem got solved after applying SAP Note: 397691?.

If yes, what result you got.

Desparately waiting for an early reply.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It did not worked completely for me, as the note was not getting applied 'fully'. Our programmer then did the task of applying changes in the note manually. However we were able to get the solution, as we got the detail analysis after these changes, instead of just open_form message.

Detail message was to check SKRT and SCOM t-codes to configure fax.

We updated the entry for that vendor and country code combination in SCOM t-code. We approached Basis team for this. This worked in Development server, I believe it works in quality as well.

Regards,

Amit G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First check if any other Fax transmitions are going thro' for other vendors. If yes, then check the vendor master if the fax number is in correct format.

Thanks

Madan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check with abaper to fix the error.

reg

Durga