cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Segmentation

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello friends,

I want to learn segmentation accounting and the mapping of same in SAP B1. Does anybody has a document regarding the same or if somebody can provide me with a link from where I can access some learning material.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Trust the following document will give you good start.

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700003033172005E.pdf

Good Luck

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks satish for the document. Kindly let me know if u have the webex recording of this pdf.

former_member200818
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm very new to this forum & SAP Business One itself. Could somebody help me know how can a person download learning material from SMB portal if a Service Marketplace User Id is not available?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had sent a documentation on Account Segmentation to your mail kakapoor@gmail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Sridharan,

The document u sent is not specific to account segmentation. It just explains two finance scenarios and the workaroumds. But anyway thanks for the same.

Dear all, does anybody have a document on account segmentation setup. Please help

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is really a question that should go to the company accountant. Business One is very flexible and allows you to set up GL segments just about any way you want to - there are no rules or guidelines. The important thing to remember is that once you have even one trasaction in the database, you can never change the segmentation. So the best idea is to consult with the accountant or other financial people who know how the company's business works, and see what they recommend for your particular situation.

In over 25 years of software consulting, I have seen all kinds of account structures, from single-segment accounts with 3 or 4 digits, to 5-segment accounts with up to 10 digits per segment. Some companies base the segmentation on subsidiaries, branches, warehouses, item types, customer types, or other functionalities - sometimes one or more segments are put in just to allow for future expansion. My personal preference is to keep it as short and simple as possible, but I'm not an accountant. When you get really detailed, you are actually using the GL reports for sales analysis - that may or may not be the best way to do it.

Remember also that Business One allows for Projects and cost accounting that can be used to differentiate various kinds of documents and postings - you don't have to do everything by account segments.

Basically, every business is different, and the chart of accounts shoudl meet the needs of the particular company.

Good luck.

Marcia