Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic steps to integrate SAP PM with GIS and SCADA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Can somebody tell me how we can integrate SAP PM with GIS and SCADA

I want to know whether in any industry this kind of integration has been initiated or not.

Regards,

Amar Jadhav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm not very sure about the solution but i've seen a setting in customization for GIS under:

PM and CS>Maintenance and Service Processing>Mobile Asset Management>Perform General Settings>GIS Characteristic Assignment.

Here you can enter the GIS Attributes (Longitude/ Latitude/ Height/ Source System/ Precision).

Hope this helps you and pls award points if it does.

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

years later ... The best way to integrate SAP -PM with ESRI GIS is consuming services from SAP SAP-GUI.MAPviewer . And how to integrate SAP with SCADA ( Wonderware I have ) is activating the PI MXII that meets the ISA95 and B2MML

0 Kudos

Hi

How can I input the Latitude and Longitude using SAPGUI? after made the configuration using

this SPRO feature PM and CS>Maintenance and Service Processing>Mobile Asset Management>Perform General Settings>GIS Characteristic Assignment.

Regards,

Jose

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

S0022314014
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amar

GIS - Consider using NWBC as the user interface instead of GUI which gives you a flexibility to use side panels. So you can link GIS with the side panel.

SCADA/DCS or similar systems - There are two things that you can integrate at least: alarms and measurements. Alarms - can be converted in to notifications and measurement can be filtered and used to generate measurement readings as well as notifications if you are planning to use Condition Based Maintenance. As measurement readings are usually saved ina data historian, you can report these in BI too for trends analysis.

We used SAP MII for the interface.

Regards

Savas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savas,

Thanks for the tip. NWBC is better than SAPGUI clasic..

paul_meehan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some interface options for GIS, not sure about SCADA.

Check under SAP for utilities:

http://www.sap.com/industries/utilities/index.epx

You should also ask in the IS-Utilities forum:

-Paul