cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Destination User Authority

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi fellow XI-ers,

I have an Integration Server (A01) and a Business System running ECC 5.0 (B01). Now I am sending IDocs from the Integration Server to the Business System.

To do this I set up an RFC Destination B01CLNT010 and a port SAPB01 which is referenced by the Idoc Communication Channel.

My question now is: In the RFC Destination I need to specify a user id. What authority must that user id have to succeed with my Idocs.

I tried a user (on B01) with the roles SAP_XI_IS_SERV_USER and SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER but the sending of an Idoc failed (in SXMB_MONI it shows a red flag in the 'Outbound Status' - actually where can I follow up on this error?).

When I assign SAP_ALL profile to the user, it works fine. But I'm sure there must be something inbetween that is also sufficient for the purpose.

Your help is appreciated,

regards,

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

If IDocs fail while being sent from XI to SAP, there should be an entry in tRFC queue (transaction SM58). This entry should typically give an error like "missing auth. to send IDoc XXX".

This means, that the user is missing the authorizations to send this IDoc to R/3. The necessary auth. object is B_ALE_RECV which allows the reception of IDocs via RFC with the according message types you are going to send.

Additionally if your Inbound IDocs are configured for immediate processing the user sending the IDocs needs the according application authorizations e.g. for an Orders IDoc the user needs authorizations to post an order.

Best regards

Christine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christine,

excellent - very helpful!

SM58, of course...

and the authority works fine as well (B_ALE_RECV plus SAP_XI_APPL_SERV_USER role does the job).

many thanks,

Peter

Answers (0)