cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble starting the Central Management Server service after install.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have installed both CR Server and CR XI. I did get an error installing CR Server stating the the "AppPluginMgr.dll" failed to register but I installed CR XI with no issues. I tried to go to the Java launchpad to verify something about licensing and it's asking me to log into the CMS. When I try it gives me an error. I checked the CMS service and it's not running. When I attempt to start it I get an error stating that the service started then stopped (it comes back immediately with this message). Has anyone ever seen this before or know what the problem could be? It has been suggested to rip CR Server out then reinstall but I'm afraid that will just fail to register the same thing as I mentioned above. The server WAS rebooted and my wintel folks said that would force the ".dll" file listed above to register but I don't know how to check if it did register it or not (I don't really want to do a "reg edit" in case I make a mistake while it's running). Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230846
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

When performing the installation of CR Server XI, make sure you're logged in as the administrator.

DEP settings can be found by:

- right-clicking My Computer|Properties|Advanced|Settings (under Performance section)|Data Execution Prevention.

Do you know if you have a remote CMS database already configured or are you installing MySQL which is part of the BOE installation wizard?

The only reason I can see the CMS not starting is either:

1. If you've installed MySQL, the service is not started. You can start that in Services.

2. If you have a remote CMS database configured, the CMS service is running under Local System and cannot access that remote database. You will need to run the CMS service under a domain account that has network rights to the remote database.

Regards,

Wallie

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error do you get when logging in to the CMC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you installing it on Windows server 2003? could it be the DEP?

DEP is found in windows server 2003 . Control Panel -> System-> Advanced ->Performance. If its enabled, you may want to try disabling it and reinstalling it.

My page server could not start no matter how many times i try restarting it. After i disable the DEP, and re installing it, it worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Logging into CMS I'm getting "incorrect credentials" essentially. I don't remember the exact error message now as we uninstalled it and will be starting from scratch.

I see the DEP but I don't see how to disable it. We'll be trying to reinstall shortly and we'll see if we have the same problem or not. I'll let you know. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

May want to post this in "BusinessObjects Enterprise Administration" rather than in Crystal Reports Design.