cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Ent 10 install fails with Error 1920 and services won't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

apologies if i'm posting to the wrong group. just let me know what the appropriate group is and i'll be happy to post there. i'm new to Crystal and this is my first installation of Ent so i'm completely lost, but here's my problem.

i'm trying to install Crystal Reports 10 and Enterprise 10 on a Windows Server 2003 SP1 server logged in as Local Admin and running the install locally (as opposed from a network location). i have IIS installed and .Net Framework 2.0 installed as per my software vendor's requirements.

the Reports 10 install goes fine, but when i near the end of the Enterprise 10 install, each of the services fails to start. the message for each is a pop-up that states Error 1920. Service 'Crystal Cache Server' (CasheServer) fiailed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start the system services. i clicked Retry on the 1st one (Crystal Cache Server) but it still fails to start. so i clicked Ignore on all of them so i can get past each one and check the Services window to see what account they are running under - it's Local System account as i'd expect. At the end of the install, i'm asked if i want to logon to the CMS and i chose No since i'm not familiar with Crystal at all but figured it's not going to work since the services wouldn't start.

i can't start them from the Services window or from the Crystal Configuration Manager - i get a message stating it failed to start in a timely fashion.

my co-worker and i noticed that after the install, and the MSDE install that CE does, there are the CE10.mdf and CE10.ldf files but it doesn't create 4 tables that expect to see when comparing this to our Test environment that our consultants set up. we think this is at the heart of it, but we simply don't know. can anyone help?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The appropriate group for this type of question is the Business Objects Enterprise Administration forums; I will move your post there today, in the future you can post to that forum.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you. and apologies again as i'm not familiar with Crystal, BO, etc. so i didn't even know where to start posting.

Answers (0)