cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hide Context Menu in a KM Navigation iView

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good Day. I am totally new to KM Content Management but seems to do what we require. We link to various folders on a external File System Repository. It allows users to look at approved forms and policies in our company. I created a few KM NAVIGATION iVIEWS and it works perfectly!

We require however NOT TO HAVE a Context Menu next to the folders and files in these iViews.

Is there a way to suppress them?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

use folder level permissions concepts and delete everyone in ACL editor the same.otherwise you have to follow the customizing the user interface by using command groups ,commands and layout changes which is a complex process because each item u see in the menu is a command group which is again made up of set of commands and which again forms part of collection renderrer and resource renderer and they form part of layout .so you have to remove commands and then need to duplicate them .you can also change targetpath of KM navigation iview to specific folder and also root path property.

hope this helps you

please don,forget to give points

with regards

subrato kundu

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reponse - my folder permissions are set to READ ONLY for everyone. My targetpath etc is also set in the iView's properties towards the various directories. But that won't have the effect of hiding the Context Menu icon next to each file and folder? I am playing (or guessing) around with the user interface, but I'm still very new to this part of portals.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cornelius,

you have to edit LayoutSet used in the KM Navigation iView. In the integrated ResourceRenderer change the Resource, Folder & Link UI Command Group to the UI Command Group "EmptyCommandGroup".

You have to first create this CommandGroup with no Commands or Command Groups in it.

Hope this solves your problem,

Robert

PS: If not, mention what LayoutSet you are using, and I tell you a more detailed explanation.

PPS: Please make sure not to do modifications in the SAP standard LayoutSets/ResourceRenderer/etc., but to use an "Advance Copy" of the LayoutSet and do the modifications there, as Subrato mentioned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you need just to hide the context menu you can do it in UI definition.

Have a look into the PCD and find the km.Navigation iview you are using. Check the layoutset property. There should be something like AdminExplorer or something of your own.

Now go to System Admin -> Content management -> User Interface -> Settings -> Layout Set

and find the layout set you have found in iview definition. Click on it

In the resource Renderer definition for that layout you have to find the right one (if there are more than one there is a resource renderer for each part (tree, list, ...) - or there is only one) - that is used to render the resources.

Click on it to get to the resource renderer definition. Find the <b>resource/folder/link command group</b> - there are defined the commands. But you can disable them by setting the <b>Command display</b> to <b>OFF</b>.

If the layoutSet is a standard one I suggest making a copy to your own, copying the resource renderer and disabling the command display option. Then you have to redefine the layoutSet property of your KM.navigation iview to the copied layout set.

This is a really quick tour what you should do to disable the hover menu for resources.

In fact you may want to have a look on this forum for LayoutSet, UI, ... topics to help you in this task.

Hope this helps a bit.

Romano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys - this is going to be a lot of help. I really appreciate yor help. Soon I will also know enough to give some hints back onto the formum.

Answers (0)