cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while creating table EDISEGMENT entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need a help on BW 3.5 extraction.

When I try to look at (Change or Schedule) the InfoPackage of DataSource 0BILL_TYPE_TEXT I get this message:

"Transfer structure is not yet active".

Then I try to activate 0BILL_TYPE InfoSource and get this message:

"Error while creating table 'EDISEGMENT' entry '/BIC/CIBA0BILL_TYPE_TEXT' ".

I check EDISEGMENT table ("IDoc Development: IDoc Segment") and the entry indeed exists. The Responsible is a normal user, not "SAP".

I'd appreciate a helpfull answer.

César

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

that is an issue with your transfer rules maybe due to a switch of your source system right !

check if you can reactivate them otherwise best solution as 0BILL_TYPE is just a simple mapping of text fields delete and recreate the transfer rules.

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have small practice on extraction, specially in BW 3.5 (a little bit in BI 7.0), but it seems that the problem is on EDISEGMENT table, or something on IDocs.

I made an extraction text in the Source System and the Data Source worked well (at least it showed me some records).

Then on BI I replicated the Data Source, it worked well too. But when I tried to activate the InfoSource it accused "Error while creating table EDISEGMENT entry /BIC/CIBA0BILL_TYPE_TEXT".

Do I have to delete this entry on EDISEGMENT? Or somehow reconstruct some IDoc structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cesar the best you can do is go to table ROOSGEN.

Type in you datasource 0BILL_TYPE_TEXT

There check the field ROOSGEN-TFSTRUC if there is an entry.

If this is the case delete it.

bye

Boujema

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK Boujema, I understood until now.

BI DEV has no entry. ECC QAS has an entry, TFSTRUC is empty, SLOGSYS and RLOGSYS are wrong, it looks like someone copied from ECC PRD.

Production is OK (BI PRD has no entry, ECC PRD has an entry, the fields make sense).

What do I have do do? Delete the entry in ECC QAS and reactivate the InfoSource in BI DEV?

Also, if you don't mind, can you recommend some links or documents where I can study this subject?

Thanks until now.

César

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi César

do the following in the source system (qual.) where the datasource has tfstruc maintained delete the entry in se16

if you cannot ask the basis to open the system a short time so that you can delete this flag. (because the switch I guess has been done by them so they can cooperate )

Then from BW side transport your transfer rules again from dev to qual.

After the transport is ok go to se38 and launch the program

rs_transtru_activate_all maintain your dataousrce and source system and execute.

This should solve your issue

bye

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boujema, sorry for not answering earlier, but I had to put it aside for a while (other problems, more urgxnt).

I finally worked on it this week, your suggestions solved the problem. The only detail is that I had to delete entries for the data source not only on ROOSGEN, but also on EDISEGMENT and EDSAPPL tables, both on ECC and BI sides.

Then I applied to some other data sources with the same problem, it worked well for all of them.

If possible, can you suggest some links or documents where I can understand a little bit about this subject?

Thanks again.

César

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am also facing similar issue for quite a few data sources after doing a client switch in BW system. I tried to delete entries from ROOSGEN, EDISEGMENT and EDSAPPL tables in BW system as suggested in previous links. But these ones being system tables without table maintenance, can't delete the entries for relevant datasources with Basis Help (after opening the system for editing) as well. Can you suggest proper steps how we can delete entries from these tables?

Also, as in the pervious links, we are supposed to delete datasource entries from ROOSGEN, EDISEGMENT and EDSAPPL tables both in BW & ECC. I am not sure, why we should be deleting entries from ECC side as well. Need your expert opinion on this issue.

If you have any other way of resolving this issue, please suggest.

Regards,

Dibyendu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Replicate your datasource again.