cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy UI5 application on Server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created one small UI5 application using below blog, but i am not sure how to deploy the developed application on Server?

http://scn.sap.com/community/bpm/blog/2013/01/14/developing-sap-ui5-applications-in-sap-netweaver-de...

Actually, i am getting below error while trying to deploy UI5 application on PO server:

Publishing module <<LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org>> is not supported

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

2 points.

1. Please make sure that the NWDS where you developed this UI5 application and that of the Server is running on the same version. It might be possible that the server is not installed with the plugin for UI5.

Run a patch upgrade for this. Contact your basis team for the support.

2. If point number 1 is not the actual problem, please post the full error log trace so that troubleshooting would be easy for us.

Regards,

Siddhant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1) I confirm that the version of NWDS and BPM server is same.

2) I think, i am not deploying the project correctly. UI project is as shown below and when i click on project -> run as -> select PO server -> then i am getting above mentioned error.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am getting below error while deploying EAR file on server, i think some references needs to be added?

Name:UI5_EAR

Vendor:JavaEE

Version:42

Deploy status:Warning

Version:NEW

Description:

1. Warning occurred on server 5823851 during deploy of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Web Class Existence Test: com.sap.ASJ.webjlin.000006 filter class "com.sap.ui5.resource.CacheControlFilter" cannot be found in the application class path. Possible reasons: 1) package or class name not correct; 2) missing referenced component (application or library); 3) missing reference to component (application or library)., file: LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org.war#WEB-INF/web.xml, severity: warning

Warning occurred on server 5823851 during deploy of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Web Class Existence Test: com.sap.ASJ.webjlin.000006 servlet class "com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet" cannot be found in the application class path. Possible reasons: 1) package or class name not correct; 2) missing referenced component (application or library); 3) missing reference to component (application or library)., file: LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org.war#WEB-INF/web.xml, severity: warning

Warning occurred on server 5823851 during deploy of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Web Class Existence Test: com.sap.ASJ.webjlin.000006 servlet class "com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet" cannot be found in the application class path. Possible reasons: 1) package or class name not correct; 2) missing referenced component (application or library); 3) missing reference to component (application or library)., file: LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org.war#WEB-INF/web.xml, severity: warning

CSN component of deployment item is not available

2. Warning exception has been returned while the [JavaEE/UI5_EAR] was starting. Warnings:[

][

Warning occurred on server 5823850 during startApp of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Cannot load servlet [com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet

------------------------- Loader Info -------------------------

ClassLoader name: [JavaEE/UI5_EAR]

Loader hash code: 678b2346

Living status: alive

Direct parent loaders:

[system:Frame]

[interface:webservices]

[interface:cross]

[interface:security]

[interface:transactionext]

[library:webservices_lib]

[library:opensql]

[library:jms]

[library:ejb20]

[service:p4]

[service:ejb]

[service:servlet_jsp]

No resources !

---------------------------------------------------------------].

Warning occurred on server 5823850 during startApp of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Cannot load filter [CacheControlFilter]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.resource.CacheControlFilter

Direct parent loaders:

No resources !

---------------------------------------------------------------]

Warning occurred on server 5823850 during startApp of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Cannot load servlet [com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet

Direct parent loaders:

No resources !

Warning occurred on server 5823851 during startApp of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Cannot load servlet [com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet

Loader hash code: 5cb64fb5

Direct parent loaders:

No resources !

Warning occurred on server 5823851 during startApp of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Cannot load servlet [com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet

Direct parent loaders:

No resources !

Warning occurred on server 5823851 during startApp of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Cannot load filter [CacheControlFilter]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.resource.CacheControlFilter

Direct parent loaders:

No resources !

---------------------------------------------------------------]

]

Result

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you check Christian's two part series around this?. It should help you out to add the libraries/ dependencies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

I am able to deploy the UI5 EAR DC on PO server, but i am getting below warning:

Warning occurred on server 5823851 during deploy of JavaEE/UI5_EAR : Web Class Existence Test: com.sap.ASJ.webjlin.000006 servlet class "com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet" cannot be found in the application class path. Possible reasons: 1) package or class name not correct; 2) missing referenced component (application or library); 3) missing reference to component (application or library)., file: LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org.war#WEB-INF/web.xml, severity: warning

In addition to that, i can't able to see the deployed UI5 app on (PO server). "404 not found" error is coming while opening the application using serverurl

:

UI5 Project:

This is how i have created application.xml file under EAR DC:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:application="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" id="Application_ID" version="5">

<display-name>EAR_UI5</display-name>

<module>

<web>

<web-uri>LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org.war</web-uri>

<context-root>LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org</context-root>

</web>

</module>

</application>

So, i am not sure where exactly i am getting wrong...

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Two points.

1. Are you sure that your Enterprise Application DC (which contains the Web Module DC of your UI5 application) has dependency to the DC "ui/five" within the SC UISAPUI5_JAVA?. If not, as mentioned earlier, check out Christian's article to establish the dependency.

2. You can access the UI5 app using this URL pattern.

http://<hostname>:<httpport>/<context-root defined in the application.xml of your EAR DC>/index.html

So, in your case it should be

http://<hostname>:50000/LocalDevelopment~ui5~example.org/index.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

>>Are you sure that your Enterprise Application DC (which contains the Web Module DC of your UI5 application) has dependency to the DC "ui/five" within the SC UISAPUI5_JAVA?.

Yes, i have already completed this step.

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

maybe the po server is not capable of doing that,

i have a feeling you need a ep server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok then. This warning during deployment typically comes up when the web.xml has incorrect declarations for the UI5 resource servlet. Can you check your web.xml file.? UI5 apps can run in PO server when you have all UI5 components in the server. EP server is not required.

Below is a web.xml extracted from my working sample.

<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:web="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"

id="WebApp_ID" version="2.5">

<display-name>UI5Module</display-name>

<!-- ============================================================== -->

<!-- UI5 resource servlet used to handle application resources      -->

<servlet>

<display-name>ResourceServlet</display-name>

<servlet-name>ResourceServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet</servlet-class>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<url-pattern>/resources/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<servlet-mapping>

<url-pattern>/test-resources/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<!-- BEGIN: DEV MODE -->

<!--

DEV MODE switched off by default and can be switched on during

development

-->

<!-- but has to be switched off for productive use on a Java server! -->

<context-param>

<param-name>com.sap.ui5.resource.DEV_MODE</param-name>

<param-value>false</param-value>

</context-param>

<!-- END: DEV MODE -->

<!-- Cache Control Filter to prevent caching of any resource        -->

<filter>

<display-name>CacheControlFilter</display-name>

<filter-name>CacheControlFilter</filter-name>

<filter-class>com.sap.ui5.resource.CacheControlFilter</filter-class>

</filter>

<filter-mapping>

<url-pattern>*.html</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>

<url-pattern>*.js</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>

<url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>

<url-pattern>*.json</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<filter-mapping>

<url-pattern>*.css</url-pattern>

</filter-mapping>

<!-- UI5 proxy servlet                                              -->

<servlet>

<servlet-name>SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-class>

</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>

<servlet-name>SimpleProxyServlet</servlet-name>

<url-pattern>/proxy/*</url-pattern>

</servlet-mapping>

<!-- Welcome file list                                              -->

<welcome-file-list>

<welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>

</welcome-file-list>

</web-app>

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am trying to say the same thing, their po server may not have the component, the ep server usually has it...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have changed the web.xml file but still getting the same warning after deploying SDA file on PO server.

Below are some of the deployment logs: Cannot load filter [CacheControlFilter]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.resource.CacheControlFilter

Cannot load servlet [com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet]. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.resource.ResourceServlet

. Error is: [java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sap.ui5.proxy.SimpleProxyServlet

So do i need to do some configs on PO server also? and how can i verify that requisite UI5 components are existing on PO to run UI5 application?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

The warning message doesn't seem to be the same. If your BPM/ PO server is 7.31 SP05 and above, the UI5 runtime components should be there already by default. You can check it out in NWA system information.

If you don't have the runtime components, the you need to download from SMP and deploy it.

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think it will be that simple if the Ui5 component is there yet, they may need to upgrade the whole system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bala/Jun,

I am using PO SP09, and UI5 component is deployed on server.

Not sure what else needs to be done?

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member

Hello,

Eventually, i can see my first UI application on PO server

Adding ui5/five reference in the application-j2ee-engine.xml did the trick.

<application-j2ee-engine xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="application-j2ee-engine.xsd">

<reference reference-type="hard">

<reference-target target-type="application" provider-name="sap.com">ui~five</reference-target>

</reference>

</application-j2ee-engine>

Thanks

Amit Srivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for sharing...I had the sme problem and it solved my problem too...

Sjm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks, My problem solved too, by your advise.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member266277
Participant
0 Kudos

Amit, your solution to the problem should be the part of the blog itself..