cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Reporting EHP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are upgrading webdynpro java version of ESS and MSS to WDA version for US country. while this upgrade we need to migrate all custom MSS reports now to the standard delivered MSS reports with HR Renewal 1.0.

we have observed that there are standard delivered reports available in launch pad(lpd_cust) with Role as MSS and Instance REP/REP2 but We are not using BO/BI configurations in this upgrade.

Can some one please suggest me step by step procedure use the standard MSS reports on portal without BI/BO.

System info:

Portal 7.3, EHP6

HR Renewal 1.0

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Swapna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you siddharth that was very useful information. We would like to use the standard reports which shown in the below pic from the application HRMSS_REPORTING_LAUNCHPAD.

When I am trying to click on any report like Personal Data or Organizational Data I am getting the error as shown in below pic.

Error: No active version of query 0HCM_PA_T01_Q0006 exists.

Can you please suggest me the step by step procedure to configure/activate any query to make the above reports work?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Please use the program RODPS_LOAD_ACTIVATE_SINGLE/ RODPS_LOAD_ACTIVATE_A LL to activate the ODP.

T-code RSA5 is used to activate data source.

HCM_PA_1 ? HCM_ANALYTICS_3 ? in (tx:BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION)

Kindly perform ODP configuration and follow the steps below to confirm:

1)Check if NO TREX is maintained in SPRO -> SAP NetWeaver ->  General Settings ->Search and Operational Analytics -> Common Settings for Operational Analytics and Embedded Search -> Configure Indexing -> Set TREX/BWA Destination -> apply NO TREX>>>

2)Check entries in table RSADMIN object: RODPS_BW_DESTINATION should have RFC destination that points to current client.

3) RFC destination in BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION for HCM_Analytics_3 content bundle has to point to current client.

4)BI content bundle activation should display status "Activation Finished Successfully"

Alternatively the BI content can be activated separately as follows

1)DataSource via RSA5 (component

2)BI Queries via RSOR 3)ODPs via Report RODPS_LOAD_ACTIVATE_SINGLE  .

Please implement the below notes in your system this will help you resolve the problem.

1843687 Where-used list determination takes extra long time 1762785 Object '!XYZ...' (ELEM) of type Query is not 1816332 Object 'XYZ...' (ELEM) cannot be collected (RSO296)

1821006 Import all(2): Incorrect request is selected for RC 1850344 Import All(3): Always RC = 12 for type-specific

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

Thank you for information. I was following step by step you suggested above. but i am facing issue with activating HCM_Analytics_3 using tx:BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION.

I have created an RFC destination to local client in SM59 and trying to use the same in BSANLY_BI_ACTIVATION while activating.

But the activation is getting failed with log as 'Client is invalid'.

Do we need to Configure the RFC destination in SM59 which supports BI/BO/BW? I am confused.

As I said, we are not using any external BW server.

Please suggest me if I am doing anything wrong.

I have attached screen shot on this. can you please check the issue.    

Details: in the below screen AHX mean our server and 600 is the client. I have created RFC destination in SM59 named AHX_600 and used the same in RFC mapping.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

read here

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp3/helpdata/en/c0/7852b974694c8f88fc199bca0b50a4/content.htm?frame... You don't need BW or BI follow the link above but you would be required to mention the client etc, Please read above

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have followed every step you suggested. but still facing the same issue that I cannot activate HCM_ANALYTICS_3 using BI content activation workbench.

Please help me if I am doing anything wrong?

I have attached screen shot with error.

In the below pic: AHX_600 is my RFC destination created in SM59 for local system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

Thank you very much for very useful information. this solved my problem.

Actually the issue was BW client was configured to 001, I have change that to same local client(600) using function module RS_MANDT_UNIQUE_SET.

Now I have activated HCM_ANALYTICS_3.

1. But the activation is completed with some errors as shown in screen shot. can you please help me to fix activation errors?

2. Can you tell me weather I need to activate any other business functions?

because some of the below reports are still not opening with the error discrition as

'ERROR: Query 0HCM_OS_T01_Q0001 could not be opened. (termination: RABAX_STATE)

a. Position Overview

b. Salary Overview

c.

3. Can we add any custom reports to the list? because we have some custom info type data to be reported on MSS.

Thank alot for your all the help!!!

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

there are delivered reports you need to make your own custom ODP reports then, otherwise you can use above MDT reports as explained in above link or see above z image, we can copy into Z one

do you have access to RKT material, I think you should, check this link out and you can access the documents

https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000002672&_EVENT=DISPLAY&_SCENARIO=&_HIER_...

please implement the notes

1843687 Where-used list determination takes extra long time

1762785 Object '!XYZ...' (ELEM) of type Query is not

1816332 Object 'XYZ...' (ELEM) cannot be collected (RSO296)

1821006 Import all(2): Incorrect request is selected for RC

1850344 Import All(3): Always RC = 12 for type-specific

Esh_modeler is the transaction which we used for modelling ODP. ESH_COCKPIT and ESH_MODELER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Siddharth,

No we can able to work with all the reports. your information was very helpful.

I have Manually activated couple of ODP data sources using program 'RODPS_LOAD_ACTIVATE_SINGLE' this made to work reports like position over view and salary over view which i mentioned in my earlier post.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

The reports working fine, but when I am opening the log is getting displayed on screen as shown on screen can we avoid that?

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i m not aware of this, how to hide the errors, if there are occurring

best possible way is to adjust the infocube etc

do they occur all the time, do you have to expand to see the logs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got these errors very first time after BI bundle activation.

Also, I am getting one message everytime as shown in screen shot.

'Query XXX reading data'

also, what do you mean by adjust the infocube? can you please explain me.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Siddharth,

can we customize these standard reports to add or remove couple of columns in each report?

Like in Personal data report I would like to hide and add couple of new coulmns.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can do so in using BEX query designer? Please check it