Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required BP for ESS & MSS configurations

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can any one tell me the what are  the required Business packages for configuring the ESS and MSS in EP 7.4 and ECC 6?

I have found this doc in scn , here they are using WD ABAP, But my requirement is to use the Webdynpro Java.

Can anyone help on this....?

Regards,

Anil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone please  help on ESS&MSS configuration using Wd Java??

Regards,

Anil

former_member186587
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

When you use WDA (webdynpro for ABAP) for ESS/MSS, you donot need any JCO conections, instead you need System alias "SAP_ECC_HumanResources" ONLY. This system alias will be pointing to your backend ERP System. When you try to do test preview for iView, please use correct content to test. Please see below for precise WDA ESS contents. Also if you notice you will see "com.sap.pct.erp.ess.wda.bp_folder" as iView property which indicates it is WDA.

Bhavin

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually we are trying to configure the ESS n MSS using Webdynpro java, thats why i am creating the Jco destination.

Before trying to preview the iview inside the portal content,Do i need to activate the Business Function in ECC server????

Can you please share me the step by step process of ESS&MSS configuration using wdjava?

Regards,

Anil

former_member186587
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

Thanks for the reply.Now we have decided to go with WDA.

When i try to preview the iview which you have mentioned in the previous reply i am getting the "portal runtime error".

Can you please tell me how to check the logs in portal 7.4??

Regards,

Anil

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

for the logs open host:port/nwa there go to Troubleshooting --> Logs and Traces --> Log Viewer. Under View select Developer Traces. The problems may be that you did not assign the correct system alias to the system object pointing to the corresponding backend system or that you did not activate the sicf service for the application in transaction sicf in your backend system

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the reply.i am getting the following error.

I haven't created the sap_ecc_humanresource alias,but it is poiting to that alias??

what are the aliases that i need to create for ESS/MSS configuration??

I have activated the Webdynpro services in SICF???

Please correct me if i am wrong...

Regards,

Anil

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

when you're using the WD ABAP solution this should be the only alias you need because you have just one iview in the portal. So just go to Systemadministration --> System Lanscape and choose your system in the list then click the button configure. Now the system object should open, there you choose System Aliases and add the alias.

Regards Nico

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Thank you so much for the reply. I have created the SAP_ECC_HUMANRESOURCE alias in sytem landscape as you suggested and when i click on preview i am able to see the page without any errors.

My Requirement is, I want only few services from the ESS/MSS like employee search ,Leave management etc and we want to create the new customized role for the enduser, so that he can access standard iviews and customized iviews.

What are the business functions do i need to activate in the SFW5?

Can you please tell me how to get specific iviews from MSS/ESS into our customized role???

Regards,

Anil

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

the easiest way to do this, is to go to your backend system, open transaction lpd_cust, open role ess instance menu, there you can see the single applications and the parameters needed. As SAP is using OBN in lots of the applications you have to add the OBN targets to your portal role too.

Regards Nico

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

I am new to the ESS & MSS stuff.Can you please explain me detail and please share if you have any document on this.

I have executed lpd_cust and opened the role ESS but i want to know how can i get the iview inside my portal role.

How to add the OBN targets to the portal role??

Regards,

Anil

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

you have to create a wd abap iview in your portal, there you have to set the application name the configuration name and the parameters you can see in transaction lpd_cust.

Regards Nico

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

I want the standard applications of ESS like personal profile and leave request.

Can you please tell me where i can find the application name and configuration name using lpd_cust.

Regards,
Anil

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

you have to call transaction lpd_cust and open role ess instance menu (marked red)

then the following screen should open:#

now navigate to the application you need for example leave request overview, the information you need is marked red:

now go to your portal and create a wd abap iview, there you have to fil in the information:

Please award points...

Regards Nico

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

just for information you can click on the images I added to view the full infos...

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the help.I am able to create the wda ivew for the ESS.

But now i got another error, when i click on the preview of WDA iview i am getting following error .

Do you have any idea on the above error???

Regards,

Anil

nico_luhr
Explorer
0 Kudos

I think the user VC_Helpdesk has no personal number assigned in Backend check transaction PA30 IT 0105 Subtype 0001

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nico,

Can you please tell me the Application name and paramters for creating iview for Tax deduction/estimataion and employee search .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

Please read the block it will help for you.

Downloading and deploy ESS and MSS - Portal - SCN Wiki

Let me know which version of ECC6 in your current landscape.

Because depend upon your ECC version only we can use the Webdynpro Java.

Thanks

Patrick

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the quick response.

We are using ECC version 6.0, EHP 6,EP 7.4 and ERP 6.

Regards,

Anil

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

I have a doubt, In my portal i can see the Employee Self Service folder under the Portal content.

Do i need to deploy BP or not required??

Please help me on that....

Regards,

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

In your system BP has already deployed. That's reason you are able to see PCD objects.

Thanks

parick

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the clarification. I have one more doubt, when i try to preview the iviews in PCD location of ESS i am getting the following error.

I found  in sdn.

Can i use Wdjava in my Landscape(ecc 6.0 Ep 7.4)?

If yes Please tell me what are Java packages i need to deploy in my portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Kindly check PAM in service market place. From there you can find the suitable version of BP depend on your Back end version.

Because for your ECC is EHP6 means you need to deploy the BP of lower version to portal for support WDJ application.

I guess better before do this scenario please read the release notes.

Thanks

Patrick

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrik,

The BP's are already deployed in the portal. I can see both Java as well as ABAP content inside the portal content

Regards,

Anil

0 Kudos

I hope you are now trying to preview those iviews under  Employee Self-Service which are JAVa WD iviews. then you get the error "Failed to lookup external link" ...

This means that the iview is trying to lookup the corresponding WD JAva application and it is not found

Check the iview property "external link"  and the value is the WD application in question

Check if it exists in the WD content  adminsitrator

Go to  http://<portal host>:<port>/startPage

webdynpro

check if the application is present

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mani,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, i am trying to preview the iview under ESS which are WD iviews and finally i am getting the error.

The External link of the iview is "webdynpro:java/sap.com/ess~wiw/com.sap.xss.hr.wiw.WhoIsWhoApplication/base", but in the content Adminstrator their is nothing.

After reading some of the blogs in SDN i came to know that i have to create the Jco destinations in WD content Admin and i have activate some Webdynpro services.

I am new to ESS and MSS configuration,Till now Bais guys already deployed the BP's  and i have configured SLD in portal.

Can you please tell me the process of ESS & MSS configuration and how the Standard iviews will work?

Regards,

Anil

anil_kumar259
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any clues Experts?

Regards,

Anil