cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access OM custom object via PPOSE/PPOME

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I created a new OM custom object that can be maintained via PP01 but is there a way to access new custom object via PPOSE and PPOME? I (addded IT1000 and IT1001 to maintain new object through Action via PP01).

Secondly, how can user track changes for the new custom object on PA side on IT0001? Is there any configuration required?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

integrating a new Object type in PPOME etc. is not something done with one click, but possible. It requires configuration in the hierarchy framework and possible data extraction. It is all in the IMG:
Personnel management > Organisational Management > Basic Settings > Hierarchy framework > Integrate new object type

and may be also: Personnel management > Organisational Management > Basic Settings > data extraction

There is documentation in the IMG, though it's not always clear to someone just starting in SAP HR - but I'm sure you'll find further resources on teh SCN, once you started at the right place.

As for "tracking in IT0001" - not sure what you mean. OM by nature has nothing to do with IT0001. As it happens, there is an integration provided by SAP for the 3 object types S, O and C, but that's it. Nothing you do woth your own object type will magically appear in IT0001 (just as it won't happen, if you change any other objects like trainings, locations, external persons, qualifications.........).

So, what sould IT0001 do with your new object type? Well, whatever it is: you'd need to add it to IT0001 via some probably complex custom development using some or all of PM01, infotype BAdIs, function exits and implicit enhancements or modifications in OM / PA or the integration logic. Nothing to be easily explained on a blog, but a 100% bespoke custom solution you need to invest some design and development work into. Not been unheard of, but the cases I've had varies between 2 and 20 days of work.

FInally, referring to Parsh's comment about "Tracking": RPUAUD00 is the audit report for PA data. As, per standard, your custom object is not (yet) part of IT0001, this report won't do anything for teh new object type. Independantly of IT0001 you can track changes to all OM objects, but need some extra config for custom object types. See IMG for "Activate change documents" under OM basic settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank Sven

Focusing on just to add custom object to display/edit via PPOSE/PPOME,

1) I know the part to configure in SPRO to add object in PPOME/PPOSE.

2) What is to do with data extraction? Do I need to involve Developer?

If I have to estimate just the PPOSE/PPOME work to add custom object, how many hours worth of work it should be?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there's no developer required for the basic steps - unless you want something extra fancy.

if you haven't done it before, plan for 4 hours of work to be safe.

kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It's enough for 4 hrs for making config as said by Sven & you need done testing thoroughly which will involve more time consuming,

and you want to display the same custom object in PA0001 also then you need to take the help of development but you need to provide the details of logic on how to get display, check the standard integration for reference.

All the best,

:Kedhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Kedhar

Can you please elaborate on displaying custom object in PA0001?  Can we not update custom object via Action/Action Reason? Why Dev work?

Also, I would like to start configurations in sandbox when I save, tranport request is poping up that I do not want it until I replicate configurations in Dev. How can we fix it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

As for transport:

It's a setting in table T000, but you should get a basis expert to change it, if you are not familiar with it.

On having your PD-Object in IT0001: you shoulde definitely sit down with someone, who really understands PA-OM integration to design it. Just getting a developer, who doesn't understand the standard design any more than you do has a high potential for causing problems - most notoriously data inconsistencies creeping in over time.

Kind regards

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are creating an custom object as per your requirement, which will required to assign in pa0001 screen fields that's required enhancement,

Take help of Basis for stopping Transport request generation, even won't create any problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Adding custom object to IT1 is completed.

Only issue is that custom object is not showing up in th PPOSE and PPOME Tcodes structure search and I think that is configuration requirement not dev or custom work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

qed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i.e. configuration only..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Before I do configurations in Dev, I would like to test the solution in sandbox.

To start with Under the node " Define your own search node", get message it is "Caution: The table is cross-client".

I know that means table is client Independent.

Question - Will testing solution in sandbox can cause issues? How can I go around it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check with basis & give table details they will make necessary changes, or you just change & then check in your Golden client if changes are reflecting or not.

It won't create any problem for your test config, all the best.

:Kedhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. Basis is okay and I checked Golden client (after doing configs to add new object to the Search Area of Object Manager).

Last thing, per most of the documentations, we can include the new Custom Object in the Standard Object Manager "OME000" w/o making "Z" copy and configure it for Object Manager and Overview Area. Can you please confirm?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it's depend you check this thread for details PPOME | SCN

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Kedhar.

Answers (0)