Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSS Add on 1.0 - WDA - Country specific Menu for MSS Role in Portal

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

We have deployed the MSS Add on 1.0 (WDA) based application in SAP Portal 7.3.

We are planning to bring this packages for more than 13 countries.

how to handle the  MSS menu at runtime with respect to each country?

As per my understanding for ESS, we have the options available, to handle the Menu structure (from which is defined in LPD_CUST) based on the country groups.

Similar to that, how to handle to the Menu Structure for the MSS users?

MSS - Do we have any lpd_cust / BADI option available as like ESS?

Or do we need to create a copy of the role in the Portal for different countries, because the list of available services for MSS w.r.to each country will get differ as per our requirement.

(Basically we are looking for one global role for ESS/ MSS for the WDA based services)

Regards,
Prasath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No there is no option for MSS using BADI unfortunately! In MSS Add on We don’t deliver  BADI HRESS_MENU or a similar tool or customization for context sensitive menu for Manager to filter services based on employee or any other objects attributes its been discussed earlier. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3353782

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth

Thanks for your reply.

As per the analysis I could see there is only one option from SAP Portal by creating the copy of the MSS Add on role w.r.to the Country (to maintain the specific Menu structure for that country). And assign the same role only for those country MSS users under User Admin of Portal.

As I mentioned we are planning for more than 13 countries for the Roll out of MSS, and each country has specific menu structure (some services may or mayn't be available in the role menu based on the country).

Please let me know about ur suggestion on this / or any other work around available to handle this scenario.

regards,

Prasath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same ESS concepts even apply for MSS.

We can use the launch pad badi's and restrict the apps based on country.

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I just checked the same in Portal. Just to clear myself,

Basically there is a Overview page available in ESS (lpd_cust). In portal under the ESS WDA role there is only one ivew which calls directly the ESS launch pad page from lpd_cust.

But for MSS Add on 1.0 role, I could see all the mappings are done only in the Portal. It seems I don't see any overview page for MSS instead of that normal Portal Menu's in the Left side Detailed Navigation. I could see under the Line Manager all the Iviews, pages, worksets are mapped with MSS Add on 1.0 role just like normal Portal role which in turn directly calling the respective WDA service from  SE80.

Could you please let me know if this is the case how can handle with launch pad. If you have any help  document or any referrence page, name of the lpd_cust service and BADI available please share with me.

Regards,

Prasath

former_member211296
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

As per my understanding based on the following SAP help document,

https://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/ff/259dc704ff461a828c964f727ddeab/frameset.htm

I could see only for the following services Launchpad concept used in MSS Add - on 1.0.

Reports

Employee Self-Service on Behalf in MSS (WDA)

It seems all the rest of the iviews are directly created and mapped to the MSS portal role.

Regards,

Prasath