Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal role missing for UI5 based ESS /MSS role in EHP7

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on NW 7.4 portal with EHP7 backend . I am trying to configure ESS, MSS portal role which contain UI5 based landing pages. I am unable to find the relecvant role in portal to configure the same (Content Adminstration -> Portal content  -> Content provided by SAP). AI have referred note 1685257 but i am not sure which roles should be uploaded via PFCG so that the roles are visible in portal content management.

Any idea what might be the reason and what needs to be done.

Regards,

Navya

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Though I haven't explored this option yet by myself, I went through couple of SAP Help URLs which might be helpful to you in progressing with this requirement:

Configuration: ESS (SAPUI5) in SAP NetWeaver Portal - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library

Configuring the Portal Role - Manager Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library

Hope this will be helpful !!!

BR,

Anurag

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

I followed the steps mentioned in the link but after uploading the role as mentioned in note 1685257 in portal content admin where exactly do we see the UI5 based portal roles. Do you know the PCD path for the portal roles? Has the approch of assigning portal role to end user changed in EHP7 or is it still the same?

Regards,

Navya

former_member188487
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The following article describes the entire role upload process in detail:

How to Upload Backend Roles to SAP Netweaver Po... | SCN

Thanks

Lorraine

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

in the note 1685257 we have the document available to show step by step detail did any error occur during the upload http://help.sap.com/saphelp_moc100/helpdata/en/1b/2874c45ca54584a324644ee0f7f841/content.htm

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I was able to get the role but when i assigned the role to end user i get error "Requested resource does not exist".

Is there some modification that we need to do in LPD_CUST or in portal iviews as there are only 2 iviews in ESS role which is "Employee self service and Overview". I have refererd link Configuring the Landing Page - Employee Self-Service (SAPUI5) - SAP Library which shows how to configure landing page . In LPD_CUST , role ESS and instance MYINFO , the system alias is shown as "SAP_HCM_PROXY" with URL like "/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/HRESS_EMP_PRO_G/index.html". Should i change this URL?

Any idea what needs to be done next?

Error faced :

Regards,

Navya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi navya,

Did you solved this issue?

Regards

Jose

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nope

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

Any solution on this issue ? I am also facing the same issue.

Best regards,

Praveen

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lorraine,

I have uploaded the role as per the document but the OBN based iviews are missing in the role. Any idea what might be wrong.  In the PFCG role , portal_bo_alias = <your alias>:  is already present.

I have raised separate thread as well. http://scn.sap.com/message/15575834#15575834

Regards,

Navya

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you upload portal role from backend make sure that you do the below mentioned step. Append the URL . Check 2011251 - Role Upload shows successful status but role is not created

Preparing the PFCG Role
  1. Go to transaction PFCG.
  2. Copy the PFCG role.
  3. Choose the Menu tab.
  4. Append the landing page Web Address with &sapui5=true&sap-theme=sap_goldreflection. For example, if the web address for the landing page is /sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_SUITE_PB/main.html?page=SPB_LANDING_PAGE then after appending the URL is/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/sap/ARSRVC_SUITE_PB/main.html?page=SPB_LANDING_PAGE&sapui5=true&sap-theme=sap_goldreflection.

Regards,

Navya

former_member190358
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

With respect to above problem. I would suggest that, click on "option" button on the right corner and go to details. By doing this, you will get the entire path of iView which is getting displayed here. Once you get that,

1. Please directly go to iView and preview

2. Look at, what alias has been used in iView.

3. Go to system administration -> System Landscape and check for that alias. Test connection should be working for that particular alias.

If don't get any clue, try to capture log via HTTP Watch and see where your request is been routed to and what is the response. If that is still not working capture log via trouble shooting wizard via http://<domainname>:<portnumber>/tshw.

Hope you will get some pointer.

Regards,

Ravi Maheshwari

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Navya,

SAP_EMPLOYEE_ESS_UI5_1 Role Upload shows successful status but role is not created in portal . I have successfully uploaded SAP_PAO_HRPROFESSIONAL_3 role to but i am getting same screen which you have mentioned in above message.

Kindly suggest how to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah

former_member183915
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow steps mentioned in note 2011251.

Regards,

Navya

Answers (0)