Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in WDA & WF integeration in NWBC Portal

vignesh_ramesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement of integerating my WDA applciation to a WorkFlow task .

By this whenever a workitem for the respecitve task is created , it should be linked with my WDA Application.

Now when the user clicks on a workitem my WDA applcation should be running.

I ahve checked with below links and im still not getting my WDA applciation opening on click of WI.

Instead it runs for a while and goes to error state.

Error in task - 'EXCEPTION 9001'

FYI i have set a dummy method to my WF Task and did necessary config as per above links.
But im getting an error.
Can someone suggest me the right way to Integerate my WDA Applciation to my WF Task for NWBC Portal.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Vignesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

What application a work-item should use at runtime is defined in the Task Handler.

Assuming you are using a custom workflow class with a dummy method, you will need to maintain the task visualization ( TCODE = SWFVISU ).

In the task visualization maintain application name = <Your WDA name> like so,

The WI_ID=${item.externalID} passes the key to the workflow when the user executes the work-item.

-

Linkin Pereira

vignesh_ramesh
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Linkin,

Thanks for the response but as i have mentioned i followed the steps mentioned in the links which i referred in my post.

Either wise i tried this at first but it dint work....  But tell me one thing i dint not give Configuration and Alias Name in that visualization parameters. Does that matter ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh,

Configuration Name is for the application to know how to render the view, so I guess it not necessary, but doesn't harm to try so give it a shot.

Alias Name is basically the portal alias name on the system so its not necessary either.

What I suspect is there could be an issue in the way your task is working.

Try some of these suggestions incase you haven't already :

1. Look in the workflow log for any hints on the source of the error.

2. Try executing your WDA as a stand-alone application

3. Put a break-point in the WD_INIT method, simulate the task using SWUS and see if your WDA is actually getting called.

4. Look in ST22 for any dumps.

5. Look in SU53 for any authorization issues.

I hope you find a clue or a hook for us to investigate further.

Apart from the basic SWFVISU config that I have specified in my initial response, I haven't done any additional configuration to bind my custom WDA to a custom workflow task I created.

--

Linkin Pereira

Former Member
0 Kudos

The solution depends on what inbox you are using.