cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement SSO using SAPLogonTicket in HTTP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to integrate BEx Analyzer tool in Netweaver Portal, following this SAP Documentation.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/db/85fd3f093bc942e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

I am trying to use URL approch. So I have created an URL IView for it. I have also created a HTTP system, but in this I am not able to mentione that SSO should use SAPLogonTicket.

So, How do I establish SSO between the Portal and BW system using SAPLogonTicket, so that the BEx Analyzer tool does not ask the user to login again?

Both Portal and BW system are on SAP Netweaver 7.4 SP7.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishwa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member193379
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vishweshwara,

Please try the below link, it may help you.

Thanks,

Hamendra

TomXing
Contributor
0 Kudos

Afaik SAP hardly recommends such scenario...

Have you considered the cons of this scenario (EP + URL iView for another system)?

One example is that if you logoff from EP, EP won't send the logoff signal to URL iView.

Hence the user is logged off from EP but not from the target system, which is not desired for many scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

R u using this query on SAP Portal?

Then create a  ANR role,assing query to that role and assing that role to user in BW and Portal also.

hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amardip,

I am not integrating any query here. I am trying to integrate the BEx Analyzer with portal. Since it is an URL http://<server:port>/sap/bc/bsp/sap/rsr_bex_launch/bexanalyzerportalwrapper.htm that should be integrated with Portal, I am using URL iview and HTTP system. And I want to implement SSO using logon ticket, so that user need not login again in BEx Analyzer.

So my question was, how to enable the HTTP system to use Auth type as SSO using SAPLogonTicket?

Can you please elobarate on what your suggestion was?

Thanks & Regards,

Vishwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowldge,you have to create seperate iviews for each bex query and keep in respective forlder as per functional area.

So that you can assign proper authorization to it.