cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACH File - How and Where To Transmit It?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Everyone,

I apologize for entering the message to your forum as the one who is NOT user of SAP software yet. I have never used it yet and since I don't have it installed (not even downloaded), I have zero experiences in it. The reason why I make this message here is because I was searching for solution for my case via google and found the source indicating solution could be implemented with SAP software so I guess my post here is fortunately still NOT completely irrelevant.

Description of my case: I have downloaded and installed the software for ACH File creation in .txt file extension (Windows OS). According to the description provided by company who is providing/selling the software, I can use their software for International*** bank accounts also, although regular "ACH" (Automated Clearing House transaction) work within USA only. Therefore with their software for ACH File creation it is possible to move direct debited funds in all three situations:

1. Debiting International*** bank account and physically transmitting those debited funds to another International*** account

2. Debiting International*** account and physically transmitting those debited funds to account hold in bank located within USA

3. Debiting account hold in bank located within USA and physically transmiting those debited funds to International*** account

*** With term "International" I am referring to account opened in ANY bank, regardless of country/continent, except USA not

According to the ACH File creation software provider, it is capable of working with BOTH personal and business accounts as well as ANY type of account such as investment, line of equity, brokerage, checking, cd, tax-exempt, savings, money market,... I don't think this is true because as far as I

know mortgage accounts cannot be debited but this has nothing to do with my message on this forum at all. So the software I am using actually creates ACH file in .txt extension. It is very useful for my case because around 70% of my/our (my freelancer work + our company business work) clients have accounts owned outside of USA. I still need to update user agreement and terms of service which is subject to be signed by my/our clients if I manage to find the solution.

I was also told that it is completely irrelevant whether account owner on source of funds side or destination of funds side is signed up for ANYTHING, e.g. being signed up for uploading/transmitting files, being signed up for getting debit executed on account, being signed up for getting deposit of

debited funds, etc.

The REASON why I decided to post my case on your forum and the reason why I think software SAP could be useful is the following link: http://scn.sap.com/thread/2052178

The PURPOSE what I want: is to be able to transmit completed ACH file.txt to needed location (i assume, but not sure, this would be bank or credit union) where consequence would be debit of funds on source account and arrival of those debited funds to destination account.

QUESTIONS are four (kindly note - I have never not even touched software SAP):

1. Am I really able to do this with SAP? If your answer is negative, you shall ignore second, third and fourth question.

2. What type/model and version of SAP software should I download and install for this?

3. Using software SAP, would I still be able to use feature of International accounts? I am referring to all/any of the directions: International to international, usa to international, international to usa.

4. Where, IF anywhere, could I get micro-detailed and exact step by step instructions to do this? I doubt such "lecture" (instructions) would be available free of charge because of one unique reason: i haven't used SAP software and therefore steps would need to be well written for someone who opens

desktop software's .exe file for the first time ever. I am obviously willing to pay for such lecture also. Checked website freelancer.com (if you don't know it, kindly google it  what it is for) and there are people providing services related to SAP but noone of them for my particular case.

Thank you very much for all four answers in advance AND... i wish you Best of success with your SAP career to each and everyone of you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kmoore007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot just download and install SAP.  It is professional business software.  As mentioned, you would need to contact an SAP sales representative.  However, yes, you can create and send ACH files to a bank with SAP software.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize for another message but I am still waiting for those four answers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Please visit SAP.com and contact the Product and Sales department to get your answers.

This Forum is for discussing SAP fucntional and technical issues.

Thanks