cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Employee's Per Hour (Customized)cost to WBS.

aniruddha_bane87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Greeting for the day!!!

I want to post employee's per hour rate(customized) to WBS element. This rate may be stored in infotype or custom table.

Scenario is as follow:

Employee will book hours in timesheet. this timesheet will be posted thru WBS element. while posting it will take employee cost based on payroll calculation. But i want to change that rate to employee's new per hour rate.

what should I do to achieve the same.

Regards,

Aniruddha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jagan_gunja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the others said, the costing can be based on 100% entered in IT 27 of the employee's pay rate which will be posted to FI/CO.

If you want to post to WBS using hourly rates as calculated in payroll, then I would suggest using one of the CATS exits mentioned in the link below

BADI for timesheet | SCN

In the user exit, you'd need to simulate or calculate the hourly rate as calculated in the PCR's X010, X013 in payroll schema X000-> sub schema XT00.  In other words, the w/t's for basic pay, & relevant allowances in IT 8 need to be added to a basis w/t. 

This will provide the hourly rate for hourly paid employees; 

For employees with annual pay rates in IT 8 (as in the case of salaried employees), then it needs to be divided by a constant that you can find in T511K to arrive at daily rate, then divide by no.of hrs per day (this can be a standard no.of hrs again in T511K)

aniruddha_bane87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

You got me correct. I want to manage employee per hour rate irrespective of payroll while applying to the posting from CATS to the WBS elements.

Please guide me on this.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok - the first step is to define the "per hour rate" for each employee.  Does this rate carry any additional cost items (employer contributions or employer carried tax burden)?  Are there specific activity types that demand a different calculation (overtime or absence)? 

Once you have identified the components of the rate, then using a CATS exit, calculate a value to populate into the PRICE field when you save a record. 

When you have a value in this field, it will be used to override the value in the activity type during the activity allocation posting from CATS to the WBS.

cheers,  

0 Kudos

Hello,

You talk about the timesheet - are you using the Cross Application Time Sheet?  How are you posting the actual rate to the WBS (is this coming from payroll or an activity type value independent of payroll)?  Lastly, is this a timing issue (i.e. do you want t post to the WBS before payroll has run and you are wondering how to add the value to the posting process from CATS)?

There are techniques that can be used to manage the value applied to the postings from CATS to the WBS Elements - if that is what you are using.

The information provided on other responses are specific to the management of the payroll posting process.

Cheers,

aniruddha_bane87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hillary,

You got me correct. I want to manage employee per hour rate irrespective of payroll while applying to the posting from CATS to the WBS elements.

Please guide me on this.

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bane,

Payroll posting according to WBS element is maintained in IT27 as cost distribution.

You will maintain all wbs element over there and maintain the distribution and will book the expences of salary accordingly.

Regards,

Sankarsan

VKP
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can maintain the various WBS and the % in IT27 and do the posting accrdingly.

suhas_lembarkar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, You can update table T510P for separate hours rate for emps e.g. over time rates.

Regards,

suhas