cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make BRF+ decision tables editable in PROD system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created a BRF+ Application which has two decision tables and rules and functions to simulate thoese rules. I am calling BRF+ functions in my ABAP application.I

My application worked well in DEV and QUALITY system.

But when we transported this application to PROD, it says we can not make changes to BRF+ decision tables.

We want to maintain rules in both decision tables in PROD system directly.

have created my application as customized object. Is this the reason it is stopping me to modify BRF+ decision tables?

Please suggest ASAP as its production system issue.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is a customizing application your system settings will usually prevent the changes on production.

You can override the settings by implementing an application exit (more information can be found here: ) which allows you to change the customizing objects in production

BUT: This is definitly not the recommended way, as you will certainly run into problems as your decison table can be changed due to regular transports AND due to user input on production, so I would not reccommend to do so.

You should overthink your design: perhaps the storage as a master data application might do the job or you have to tka e a closer look at SAP Decision Service Management to meet your requirements.

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the quick answer.

This is existing process of client. Decision tables are created to maintain rules for PO automation. As business requires to change rules frequently and transport movement is lenthy procedure, we have taken this approach. In this scenario, no rule will be transported from DEV to PROD.

So there will not be question of inconsistency.

As of now i am thinking to implement application exit to make decision tables editable.

However i have one more query. Is there any purpose to keep difference in the behaviour of QUALITY system and PROD system. I mean with same settings and without implementing application exit i can change desicion table entries wheras in PROD it is not allowed.

Please correct me if am worng or not able to understand its importance but suppose if i implement application exit now, then also i will not able to test it as decision table is already editable.

Please guide.

Thanks.

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

usually (at least from my experience) quality and prod have the same system settings, so in both systems the entering of customizing data should not be possible,

In your system configuration you will be able to test your application exit code only on the production system which is somewhat risky

BR

Christian

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

Meanwhile, please double check if your QAT and PRD system setting exactly same .

For QAT testing purpose: you can maintain testing data freely.

For PRD I guess no company allow testing directly over there.

Regards,

David

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I would not fully agree on that - on a test sytse you can freely maintain testing data, On the quality system I doubt that as this is usually the last system before delivering to production and, hence, the settings as well as the customizing should match the one of the productive environment

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

Thanks for the explanation.

When I mentioned that <QAT and PRD system setting  exactly same> yesterday, I want to Swati checking  SCC4 client configuration. I just wonder there may be different client configuration cause the problem for one client can do configuration and one client can not.

Sorry for the confuse.

Regards,

David

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

ok now I got it. Thanks for the clarificaton.

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, david,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

I have created a application exit and transported to QA.

i have written code in application exit to make only two decision tables editable and rest od the objects are display only.

As our QA system was allowing us to change decision tables without implementing application exit, i do not see any difference now also, but i can see rest of the expressions apart from decision tables like procedure call, constants are now opened only in display mode. That means application exit is working fine.

This weekend we will be moving this code to PROD system. So lets see how it works there.

Hi David,

We do not have authorization to SCC4 transaction both in QA and PROD. So i could not check and compare system settings and there is no time do it by raising service request as go-live is planned this weekend.

So we are taking this risk.

I will update about the result after go-live. Hope it will be +ve..

Once again Thanks.

Swati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian, David,

We have moved our application exit to PROD system and now we are able to create entries in the decision table directly in PROD system.

But when i open decision table in EDIT mod, it shows error message ' System settings do not allow changes for customizing objects' and still allows to create entries.

So this is creating confusion for the users about authorization.

Can you please tell me the reason for this message and how can i remove it.

Regards,

Swati

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

I do not know that message. I am afraid that you have to debug the scenario to see where (and hopefully why) the message is raised.

Is it really an error message or just a warning?

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christian ,

Could you please check following thread. I have question

Related to creating object of type Master data directly on Production system or Test system.

Could you please give some hints on this.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satya,

please do not abuse discussions to draw attention to your discussion. If you want to reference a person you can do so directly in your discussion without cluttering other topics

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christian ,

I do not have such intention .  Here there is a discussion of editing of objects on Production System .

So I have seen similarity of my problem and thought you could help me.

I have never abused anybody...nor Intended to do so

Do not know what made you to think so...Please let me know.  I would be correcting it.

My intention is only to get solution or atleast direction of solution for my problem .

If you do not see similarity , then I can delete my thread reference from here.

Thanking you,

Regards,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1552631

Hi Swati,

Please check above link which should answer your question regarding the message.

But it comes back as you need your BASIS assistance for SCC4 authorisation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swati,

If it's really too hard to find assistance from Basis team.

I guess following methods

SET_SOFTWARE_COMPONENT and SET_APPLICATION_COMPONENT

in the interface IF_FDT_APPLICATION may be need considered but I am not sure if it solve the issue.

Regards,

David

christianlechne
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

leave it here.

Reason why I made my statement and why I got the intention: Here we are discussing how to make a customizing application editable in prod while in your case you want to transport a master data application to pro. These are two different topics.

BR

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Client will not allow changing config settings from SE06 t code and making system modifiable.

But i am trying with IF_FDT_APPLICATION interface.

Will update on the results.

Thanks & Regards,

Swati