Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Self Service forgot password

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Dear Experts,

We are referencing to this document.

Currently we have successfully created Users in SAP using this user self service although we are not understanding why SAP provides such huge and complex automated password to remember.

Can we have some way out of this issue. If yes, Please do suggest, your suggestions are most appreciated.

Copying Namespace:

Thanks

Pavan G

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184867
Active Contributor

After getting this email you need to activate the user request. This activation is done by firing a POST call on URL

http://<HOST>:<PORT>/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/USERREQUESTMANAGEMENT/UserRequestActivationRequestCollection('REQUESTID')

Here in the payload of the post you can pass the password you want.

Refer to http://<HOST>:<PORT>/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/USERREQUESTMANAGEMENT/$metadata and see under entity UserRequestActivationRequest. You will find property "Password".

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Indeed I passed the same but as its a service user i am unable to check if the password reset success.

Do you have any idea as how can we check if the password reset has effected or not.

Thanks

Pavan G

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use user management OData service to check the same. A typical url would look like

http://<SERVER>:<PORT>/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/USERMANAGEMENT/UserCollection('<NEWLY-CREATED_USER>')

clear all browser sessions / cookies to prevent interference with other sessions and preferably run in incognito mode.

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for solid quick response.

I have tested the service via rest client as well by passing the same password that I had passed to payload while resetting.. still no success...

don't know if its because the user isn't a service user (as I checked in table USR02)

Doubt:Just out of curiosity ... Will this work for users with user type - Communication data as well??

Best Regards,

Pavan G

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

if u work with MCF for Utilities, please use communication user type. not dialog, not system, only communication user type.

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We've use user management OData service to check the same. A typical url would look like

http://<SERVER>:<PORT>/sap/opu/odata/IWBEP/USERMANAGEMENT/CredentialCollection('<NEWLY-CREATED_USER>')

As you notice we had to use CredentialCollection .

Hope this helps helps to others.

Thanks for pointing.

PG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yevgen_trukhin
Advisor
Advisor

Huge long password depends on your password policies and it is configurable. Good luck!

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Yes,

We are now having discussions with SAP for the same issue.

Thanks yevgen.

Regards,

PG

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant

Thanks, I got 200 status code (Success) over the reset for password but I am unable to login the new user from rest client (with new password that I had entered while reset)..

Login failure while trying to use the new user which was created using user self service.

any1 find the similar issue... Comments are appriciated

Regards,

Pavan G

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Most of the time people get into issues with session.

When one tests USERMANAGEMENT and USERREQUESTMANAGEMENT together consecutively, there may be some problem due to session cookies.

I hope you are calling Function Import "ResetUserCredentialUsingEmail"  to reset the password, then you are activating the request. 

I would suggest you to verify what actually happening in reset password by debugging the DPC code.

You can find if it is actually resetting the password.

In browser while testing clean the history/password and try to call USERMANAGEMENT service with newly created user.

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Well, I noticed that I am able to hit the service before password is reset using the user-self service..

unfortunately I am unable to hit service after password reset operation...as the user credential aren't matching at logon via browser.. which seems weird , Although I didn't faced any error or exception while resetting the password and got success....

I using same password that I am passing in payload while activating the user type=1 (@ time of reset password).

User Request Management (Status Code) = 03 i.e completed as below...

Regards,

Pavan G

former_member184867
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is strange.. then is it still accepting the old password ?

Pavan_Golesar
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Atanu,

Till the time I am not carried out PUT request on set UserRequestActivationRequestCollection, I am successfully able to hit service, But once the PUT request is carried out issue is I am not able to use OLD password (entered while activation),

new Password (Generated by system - in form of mail in below snapshot 1.1)

and also Password I had passed while PUT Operation on set UserRequestActivationRequestCollection.

Snapshots:

I have taken few more screen grabs  from debugger for reference...

SOST MAIL: -

PASSWORD EMPTY: -

Conclusion: I am not able to hit service with user 8086 with any password from above.

Regards,

Pavan Golesar

Former Member

Hi Pavan,

Did you solve your issue.

I am facing same issue.

While activating, the password does not get changed though I get success message 204 with odata service.

Kindly reply.

Thank You.

Regards,

Sawayam