cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascading Dimension Filters with HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am creating design studio dashboard on top of HANA calculation view, where I need to achieve cascading filters by using dimension filters.

I have dimension filters on Department, Category and Subcategory. When I select department (one or more) in first dimension filter, I would like to see its corresponding categories in second dimension filter. Similarly, when I select category (one or more) in second dimension filter, I would like to see corresponding subcategories in third dimension filter.

I have selected the option, "Only values with posted data" in data source for these 3 attributes Department, Category and Subcategory, but cascading filter is not working. I also

Could you please suggest if there is any workaround to achieve cascading filters with dimension filters with HANA back end?

I have searched this requirement in SCN but did not get any information.

Environment Details:

SAP Design Studio 1.5

SAP BO 4.1 SP4

HANA 1.0 SPS8.

Regards,

Satyam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MustafaBensan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam,

Can you provide screenshots of the Properties Sheets of each of your dimension filters so we can assist further? 

My understanding is that cascading filters for HANA should be working out of the box in DS 1.5 if you are using a direct connection to HANA through BusinessObjects instead of via a Universe connection.  What type of connection are you applying for your HANA backend?

Regards,

Mustafa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I am using OLAP connection. After seeing your message, I have tried again and it looks working fine with dimension filters. Earlier, my HANA view has some problem and some how did not work.

I have tried with Filter Panel also, and it is working fine. I am doing thorough testing on this, I will let you know I face any issues.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Satyam

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rahulkumarsap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Satyam

Try using Filter Panel instead of Dimension Filter.

It should work

Regards

Rahul Kumar

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your response. I already looked into these SCN articles, but none of them explains how to achieve cascading filters with dimension filters. They explains how to achieve cascading filters by using dropdown boxes on HANA backend.

I would like to use dimension filters as it allows multi selection, and there is a search option also. It does not occupy space as list box.

Please let me know if there is any work around to achieve cascading filters with dimension filters and HANA backend.

Regards,

Satyam