cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC 10 Shell transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I want to import my Planning Shell from DEV system to PROD with the same technical IDs of BW objects.

I tried to restore the shell using UJBR but failed with the error :

Restoring environment PLANNINGSHELL1 with original technical name not possible.

Should I use a BW transport ?

Thanks

Maha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JP and Andy for your replies.

I did the BW transport, I generated the order but I got this error in PROD system :

I checked in SPRO => Planning and consolidation => Global parameters : (in both systems DEV and PROD) and I have these values :

RFCDESTINATION :  'BPC'

SYSADMIN : '_SYSTEM'

How can I solve this issue ?

Thank you

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maha,

Looks like for transport the client is not maintained in RFC Destination. Please take help of Basis person to solve this error. ask him to look for all the transport related settings needed.

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refer this blog for more information on settings:

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi JP,

I had to maintain the RFC destination (BW After import) using RSTPRFC to solve the first problem.

Now the transport is working but not completely. I have transported only some dimensions and one model. I don't understand why. And the following errors are generated :

Details :

I saw in some documents that I have to use XML transport but I don't know how since when I use XML, I can't check the objects to transport.

Thanks

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maha,

The dimension ARTICLE is not properly processed. Please process it again..

How are you collecting the dimensions and particular model to transport?? Is it your first time transport or have you transported the environment previously and now only transporting the changes of dimensions again??

Please note while transporting any object you have to include the depending objects as well in the transport request. If dimension, then depending model and environment.

Some usefull links....

Transport of objects from BPC DEV to BPC QUALITY | SCN

Regards,

JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you JP, the transport worked finally.

Regards

Maha

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you move to a new server environment, BW system must be available for modification. The transaction SE03 (administration -> setsystem change option).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tomasz,

Thank you for your reply

I checked and BW system is available for modification.

Regards

Maha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maha,

firstly, you need to delete the planningshell in PROD before you restore.

secondly, always use SAP transports to move between DEV-QA-PROD, don't use backup and restore as a transport tool.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Maha, what is it that you want to achieve?? Why to use UJBR for importing Environment from Dev to Prod? Have you migrated from one system to another, which is why you are using UJBR Restore functionality?

Normally to import our environment from DEV to QA to PRD we BW Transport mechanism only! Its the standard and best pratice! Please refer below document for detailed understanding of transport and retention of technical ID's

http://sapassets.edgesuite.net/sapcom/docs/2015/08/6caf3885-547c-0010-82c7-eda71af511fa.pdf

Regards,

JP