cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License server name asked every time on login

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

A server with SAP Business One have multiple users.

Users connect to the server via remote desktop in order to use SAP Business One client.

During the last two weeks when SAP Business One Client opens, license server name was asked.

This happens to all users except one, no matter if it is an administrator or single user.

I already reinstall sap client (uninstall, delete %temp% and  \User\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP, run a ccleaner, restart, disable antivirus and install)

Although I make this procedure from an new (administrator)user, nothing changed.

I also copy-paste the b1-conf file.

I notice that the "REGISTRY-HKEY_CURRENT_USER-SOFTWARE" binary files are created only for the user that works properly.

For the other users the files aren't created even with reinstall.

Also it doesn't  work if I copy-paste the binary files from the user for whom they've been created.

SAP Version      8.82 PL05

OS                    WINDOWS SERVER 2008

Thanks in advance

Vasilis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tkunisada
Explorer
0 Kudos

OK, I got exactly the same issue, and I found the root cause of issue and solution.  Here is what I did (See also the screenshot):

• Go to the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf
  • Copy the file b1-current-user.xml and put it aside
  • Go to the directory %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One
  • Check the file b1-current-user.xml which is likely empty or wrong strings
  • Rename the b1-current-user.xml file for backup
  • Move the copied file into the directory.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

julie_jamieson2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check the versions of b1-local-machine-template.xml that are stored in the users "Virtual Store" folder in their profile. Windows 7 (server 2008) saves a copy here in some instances...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can suggest to copy registry files from another user for whom SAPB1 client is working fine and then try the wrapper for SAP Business One Client (but it has been tested only for client version 9.0).

Skybuffer SBO LogonPad (version 0.2)

The idea is that the wrapper will try to rebuild the registry files, but please be aware that it is a beta version and has been created just to facilitate SAPB1 consultants life

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you got solution? if yes, please close this thread by marking helpful/correct answer.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your SAP business one license manager is not started automatically, then this will happen again and again.

To solve,

1. Control Panel\System and Security\Administrative Tools

2. Choose SAP business one license manager, right click, choose properties, choose automatic option.

Hope helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your responses but the problem is still unsolved.

I followed step by step the links and I’m sure that the license and TAONT services were enabled and started.

Please advice

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Restart the server and machine and try again.

msundararaja_perumal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vassilis,

You may try the below steps,after all the sap b1 sessions are closed

• Go to sap b1 setup folder, which should be C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf if you have chosen default installation path.
  • Now backup and delete b1-current-user.xml and b1-local-machine.xml
  • Then copy b1-current-user-template.xml and paste into same folder, with new name b1-current-user.xml,
  • And Copy b1-local-machine-template.xml and paste it to this same folder, with new name b1-local-machine.xml
  • Now log in to SAP more than once, to check if license server still pops up
  • If it persists, please go to sap b1  profile folder, which should be recorded in b1-config-path.txt like %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\SAP\SAP Business One
  • Now Backup and delete this profile folder SAP Business One,then try to log in more than once,license server should not pop up.

Hope this is helpful,please let us know your outcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls Check the following threads

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1832609

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3157005

Regards

Karthik Vasudevan