cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect SAP data services 4.0 to a remote CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have installed SAP data services 4.0 on a server and I have the CMS Server installed and configured on another server.

Now, after the installation of the SAP data services, I have installed a sql server dataBase and I have created the repository. I have also configured a new job server.

The SAP data services and the CMS server are not connected and I have search for any docs on Websites that give a step by step to connect the SAP data services to the CMS Server but I didnt find anything helpful!

Can you help me to connect the SAP data services to a remote CMS and create and configure the repository on the remote CMS...

Thank you very much.

Abdess,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Actually, I have the BO platform 4.0 SP05 on the server: Server 1, and I want to install BO data services on another server: Server2.

On the Server1, I have installed BO platform 4.0 SP05 with the handled Microsoft SQL dataBase.

When I started the BO data services on the other server, Server 2, I entered the CMS credentials, but it didn't recognise the BO CMS ...

So, I run the BO data services, on the Server1, I installed all components listed by the program except the Job server ... And I started the installation.

When, I returned to the Server2, the BO data services installation recognise the BO CMS on the Server1, I dont know which components should I have to install, So I selected all components.

The issue that I was having is that I wasn't able to configure the Repository, the repository DataBase, the job server, access server during the installation...Because all those screens were disabled and I had To skip each screen configuration...

the installation was terminated successfully.

I insttaled a Microsoft SQL Server on the Server 2, because I wasn't able to choose the handled DataBase, and I created a dataBase for DS repository.

==> I created all table using the BO data services repository manager.

==> I cerated a job server, using the BO data services server manager, and I connected it with the DS dataBase repositoy.

When I start BO DS Designer, and I enter the CMS credentials, a msg appears saying that no repository was configured on the BO CMS!!

Am I missing something?

Can you give me a step by step guide to install BO data Services and connect it to a BO installed on another server?

Thank you a lot.

Abdess,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now you need to login to the CMC, select Data Services and add the DS repository. After that the Designer will show you the repo to select.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If i understood correctly, you have installed DS twice one on Server1 and second on Server 2. When you have two server scenario, you need to install BO CMS on one server and on other server BO DS. While installing DS on the second server, choose the CMS of first server.

You said DS did not recognize the CMS in server 1. Are all the ports open? Any firewall or anti virus? Did you try ping from one server?

Arun

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you All.

Abdess,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdess,

It seems that you are installing Dataservices into a distributed environment. In this scenario you should install some DataServices component on your IPS server :

• Data Services Management Console
  • Data Services RFC Server Service
  • Data Services Administrator Service
  • DataDirect ODBC Drivers
  • Data Services Documentation

Then you can login into the IPS and declare your DS repository.

If you are using SQl server, you may have to use a fixed port.

Regards,

Matthieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you say CMS is that the BOE CMS or IPS? If you have BOE CMS, you don't have to install SQL Server separately.

Either way, when you install SAP DataServices it would have asked for CMS credentials. At that time you have to enter the existing CMS credentials.

These are the steps i follow normally -

a) Install SQL Server first and create two database for repo

b) Install IPS and connect to the databases

c) Install DS and give credentials of IPS as CMS and create repo in the SQL Server

d) After DS install you can see the DS instance on CMS.

Hope this helps.

Arun

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdessamad,

Please refer the below thread.

Links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1960846

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2060555

Thanks,

Daya