cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to refresh the current report

0 Kudos

I am having this error message "Error when trying to refresh the current report on my reports appear before they are executed. It has been a very random so I am unable to pinpoint what is causing it. I am currently working with BO 4.1 and it is connected to BW, whereby the authentication is SSO.

Either way the reports are able to run with problems but I dislike having to insist with the refresh button or having to close and reopen the report for it to run as it should.

I did some investigations but did not find anything conclusive because there is no problems with authorizations, there are no merged dimensions nor grouping variables used in the report and it is based on just one query.

Does anyone know why this error message appears? What its cause is?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

From where OLAP connection is created.

we observed some issues when creating the OLAP connection from IDT.It is better to create the connection from CMC.

Try by creating the connection from CMC.

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish

OLAP connections are created from CMC.

LepreuxLoic
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

This kind of error is too generic, it's not possible to determine where it's coming from like this.

You should open logs from Webintelligence Processing Server just after this error occured and find an error which could explain this result.

You could also try with WebI Rich Client, to check if behavior is identical, and have easier access to logs in case you get same error.

Regards,

Loic

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

Can you able test by changing the authentication to pre-defined.

0 Kudos

Hi Loic,

I will try and access the logs. Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Sathish,

The authentication method cannot be changed

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lara,

As a test case , try changing authentication type.

If it worked , then change it to SSO.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

While creating the report if we select the authentication mode as :Use specified user name and password or Use Business Objects credential mapping, will get the same error.

So if possible can you please test change Connection Type Authentication Mode to Single Sign on.

Find the below link.

http://scn.sap.com/community/semantic-layer/blog/2014/06/06/how-to-change-connection-type-authentica...

0 Kudos

Hi

The authentication is SSO and the error persists.

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi..

Please check the below note

1956831 - Error when refreshing a Webi report that is connected to an OLAP connection using BICS connectivity - "Error when trying to refresh the current report"

0 Kudos

Hi

Yes but that note is applicable to BO 4.0 the system I am using is a higher version - BO 4.1 SP 2 Patch 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Lara David,

Is it happening for all Reports having source BW?

Or only for a Particular Report?

IS it happening when you are using Richclient to open the reports or with launchpad also

0 Kudos

Hi Farzana,

We only have the web version, hence, BI Launch Pad.

And this is happening to any report, it is rather random because with the same report it may or may not happen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lara,

Cannot you change the preferences to Desktop and open the report?

If you can please check in that way

And try to delete all your %temp% files and restart your system and try opening the report.

Because its a generic error,it can happens because of any reason.