Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit or Badi to change RESB fields in work Order creation for IP10

itzssreddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ABAPers/PM func/tech guys,

I had a situation here ,

I want to know if the contents Goods Recipient and Uploading point for RESB structure ( Component Tab fields) of Work Order after saving the manual call from IP10 transaction are entered by a standard means or by a customization.

If so ,  let me know where from the values for Goods Recipient and Uploading point can be fetched from for maintaining them in the component line item.

Please refer the below link for a brief of the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sree.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sreenivas,

I believe you will have clues in this document.

KJogeswaraRao

itzssreddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara Rao,

Thats indeed was a very useful article. Though it completely didnt take me to what i need, it has paved a way for me.

The document u have posted is for validating user requirements for CAUFD, RESB structures.

In my case, the RESB structure (Component fields of Work Order) are filled automatically with a material item after 'SAVE" is initiated from IP10 manual call.

Normally i guess, RESB-WEMPF (Goods Recipient) and RESB-ABLAD(Uploading point) wouldnt be filled automatically by standard SAP code. If its a customized code that led to the fields getting populated in Component structure , i want to know where exactly is the customization part implemented.

That will help me add a new Component item from the work order change (IW32) with the WEMPF and ABLAD fields autopopulated with the customized logic.

Right now the customized logic is working only for Work Created through Manual Call SAVE from IP10.

I want that to work for my manual addition of Component in IW32.

Hope you have understood my requirement.

Thanks,

Sree.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I feel you need to explore fm BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN in your code (in Exit IWO10009  - which triggers at Order Save). You need to fill the internal table here IT_COMPONENT, where these fields (data elements) ABLAD and WEMPF are seen .  In case of difficulty, there are several discussions in SCN on this FM (BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN), like

itzssreddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

The exit IWO10009 u have mentioned is for Check event at Order SAVE.

Any further guidance in locating BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN for IP10 would be appreciated.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The scheme in my mind is, When you schedule a plan (IP10), a maintenance Order is generated --> means IWO10009 is triggered where you have the code using BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN which fills the required fields of components tab as the Order is generated.

itzssreddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Forgive me if i am naive.

I was referring to the Manual Call (Not a Scheduled call ) event in IP10 -> which means i am creating a new Call Number manually and then i save it . When i click SAVE for this manual call, a background process is initiated which associates the new Call Number to a newly created Work Order.

The exit IWO10009 doesnt have the BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN, except for some checks for CAUFD.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even manual call has to under go through this exit (IWO10009). FM BAPI_ALM_ORDER_MAINTAIN is not a part of this exit. What I was hinting at is you need to write a code in the above exit which will utilize this FM for the purpose of filling the desired fields. Whether it will have any issues you would know only when you start working.

May wait for better ideas. Best of luck Sreenivas.

itzssreddy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jogeswar

You are right when you said Manual call has to go through IWO10009. It did. In my requirement there is already a customized code implemented to change the 2 fields in the work order created through IP10.

Issue is i need to add a new component in the work order created through IP10, where these 2 fields are blank. I wanted to check where exactly is this customization carried out , so i can apply this logic to the new component creation.

Thanks alot for your help.

arpita_churi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara Rao,

I have a requirement to add new columns to the Work order -> Components tab .

how we can achieve this. kindly guide .

thanks

Arpita.

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go through this thread: Extra Grid to be added in PM Order Components

Note:

• You should first search well for the identical discussions as referred above before posting.
  • Also you should start a new discussion, you should not post in others discussions especially deviated topics.
arpita_churi3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jogeswara Rao,

thank you for your reply,

yeah i have also posted the same question in new thread .

Thanks

Arpita

Answers (0)