Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM1.0 SP16 does not work correctly

keisuke_seki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I want to convert to SAP S/4HANA on-premise edition 1511.

Currently conversion phase, following error occured when I run SUM1.0 SP16.

Could you tell me any solutions?

1.I downloaded SUM1.0 SP16 and started SUM with following command.

cd/usr/sap/<SID>/SUM./STARTUP confighostagent<SID>

2.Then opened Web browser with following URL.

https://<hostname>:1129/lmsl/sumabap/<SID>/doc/sluigui

3. In the dialogbox, I entered the usename<sid>adm and password, but it did not proceed to the next screen due to error.

"File not found" "Fire fox can't find the file at https://<hostname >:1129/lmsl/sumabap/<SID>/doc/sluigui/index.html"

I tried the SP15, but it was same.

Minimum condition of the browser has been cleared.

Best regards,

SEKI

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

This note solved my issue:

2262728 - “SAP Host Agent or hdblcm error occurred” When Loading HDBLCM or running SUM

Go to usr/sap/hostctlr/work/running.commands and rename the files which resides in there looking similar to this:
1955843878673845345_9921_
This is old PID files which saphostexec is looking for.
Renaming this and restarting SUM worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas,

Your suggestions helped us get SUM working.

Regards,

v.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tomas,

Thanks, the note worked!!

- Arpit

floK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Tomas

Thanks a lot for this :-), worked well. Had the same issue. SUM is driving me nuts.

In the content of /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/runnings.commands/sdasdasda file was a reference to Logfile in /tmp/adssasda with follow content:

Caused by:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create common file system!

(as root user/without SELinux ....)

After I've removed the file and restarted SUM it worked as expected. Thanks for this. On 3 brand new Linux System on Hana with same setup it occured only once! Thanks SAP . I don't have the patience to try PL3 (with new bugs ...).

B. Regards,

Florian Keller

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

New SUM PL releases each week is very annoying

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've deleted all files under the directory "runnings.commands" and restartet SUM, but it fails:

• started my IE 11
  • use the web login via http
  • tried with my credentials but still doesn't work. can't login.

I am just looking further to find the latest patch for SUM SPS 16.

former_member184709
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Tomas, also solved my issue, have been struggling with this over the past few months.

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is new PL3 released by SAP. Try it.

0 Kudos

Hello,

in our case we solved by rolling back the Latest Redhat Security Patches from 2016.

After the SUM runs without any big Issue.

Kind Regards

uwe

tomas_lindberg
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Uwe, I have the exact same issue as you except the following differences in setup.

It's AIX and with 2 systems on the same host; dev and qas, and I have recently updated the dev system without any problems just a few days ago, no patches on AIX in between, but then when I start with qas, I get those errors in the sapstartsrv.log of saphostagent. I have reported it to SAP and are awaiting a response, but if someone has any ideas meanwhile, please let me know.
After credentials are put in, a http 404 error appears, and at the same time those entries are written to the log with HTTPProxHan 604.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

did you unpack SUM as <sid>adm and are running "STARTUP confighostagent <SID>"  as root?

Regards

Thomas.

MvW
Participant
0 Kudos

Same issue here, call URL (IE and firefox) for new SLUI, login with SIDadm and getting just a blank page.

Entering the URL with Opera browser gave me an error message (127 - permission denied). This error is also described in SUM guide for SP16.

I guess, SUM archive was unpacked with root user. Make sure, SIDadm has full permission to SUM directory afterwards.

So unpacking SUM archive with SIDadm user and then execute STARTUP with root would be an approach.

Regards,

Mark

Boris_Rubarth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello SEKI

can you please confirm that you did not enter the "index.html"?
The URL should end with /doc/sluigui/ , without index.html

Thanks, Boris

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some issues with SUM 1.0 SP16 PL2 which SAP is fixing it.

Try PL1 or wait until they release new PL.

Regards,

JC

0 Kudos

Hello all

we have the same Problem.  We restarted all Agents, sapstartsrv and the System itself. Nothing helps Our Content au sapstartsrv.log shows some Errors:

[Thr 140475378820864] Thu Mar  3 12:46:08 2016

[Thr 140475378820864] HTTPHandlerManager : HTTP Handler found for /lmsl/sumjava/PS2/dual.html

[Thr 140475378820864] *** ERROR => ConnectContext for /lmsl/sumjava/PS2 failed [HTTPProxyHan 604]

[Thr 140475378820864] *** ERROR => ConnectContext for /lmsl/sumjava/PS2 failed [HTTPProxyHan 604]

But it is nothing to find in SDN, SCN and Market place.

Have someone an Idea?

Kind Regards

Uwe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo Joseph,

Please check and post the contents of the Host Agent file /usr/sap/hostctrl/work/sapstartsrv.log

Thanks, Thomas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably you should have extracted the SUM archive using root user and havent given permissions to <sid>adm yet. So plz correct it and  you will be able to launch the url as expected

keisuke_seki
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi joseph,

I tried with IE, Chrome and Firefox browser, but we had same issue.

Best regards,

SEKI

Jochinnabathini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keisuke,

Can you try with IE or Chrome browser and see if you get same issue?

Thanks,

JC