cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0PS_10 datasource taking long time to extract data into BW

0 Kudos

HI All,

I having an issue with 0PS_10 datasource, this datasource is talking long time to extract data from ECC to BW, its extracting around 1.3 million records and its talking 10 hours to load data into PSA.

please let me know if you have any suggestions or solutions to make it faster.

many thanks

regards

Zeeshan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello Zeeshan,

The DataSource 0PS_10 was not designed load data into the PSA. It was actually designed for direct data access at BW query execution time. I recommend you use BW queries 0PS_M10_Q0001, 0PS_M10_Q0002, etc. instead of loading data into BW.

Best regards,

Roger Stein

0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

thanks for your response.

The reason i would like to load data into PSA is we are using this datasource data for BPC so its important for us to extract data into BW, at the moment i am trying to find the best possible way to resolve this issue.

any suggestion please?

many thanks

regards

Zeeshan

0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan,

The function module PS_CALL_PSJ is the central logic block of this DataSource, and its performance heavily depends on the selection criteria. Therefore, maybe you could run multiple InfoPackages with narrower, mutually exclusive selection criteria in parallel? Another approach would be creating a customized, delta-enabled DataSource that meets your specific business requirements.

Regards,

Roger

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan,

I think you should load the data period wise. Please consult your functional team and check the feasibility, are there any scope that they can change the pretty old documents in ECC. If not then select one time frame and load it once till Info-cube. Afterwards just load the data for particular period on daily or monthly basis as per your business requirement. By this way you will have less data on regular data-loads and improved timings.

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

0 Kudos

HI Bhavin,

thanks for your response.

actually the problem is selection on info-package is not working, in other words even if i try to restrict fiscal year 2017 it just load all the data instead of only load 2017, i also tried to restrict on version and value type but result was the same.

many thanks

regards

Zeeshan

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case you can try Pseudo Delta mentioned in this thread,

Standard Data Source: Direct Access Mode "1" In... | SCN

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas

0 Kudos

Hi Bhavin,

I tried to to put routine on info-package as a Pseudo Delta, but it did not work the reason is in my view selection is not working therefore Pseudo Delta or any routine on it will not work, is there any other way other than creating a new extractor that can resolve this issue.

I also contacted SAP and waiting for their response to explain why the selection on info-package is not working, in my view selection should work.

many thanks

regards

Zeeshan

bhavinvyas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeeshan,

I think selections would work on these fields only. Project Defintion, WBS element, network, activity, material, and sales document as selection criteria.

Read this help page,

Project System: Project Overview - DataSources - SAP Library

Thanks,

Bhavin Vyas